AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
Quality HVAC Services
Trust the team at Best Home Services to provide you with the very best in HVAC services in the southwest Florida region. We have made it our duty to deliver quality AC repair and replacement services to all our clients, as well as heating repair and other related services.
Florida can be sweltering at any time of the year. When your air conditioning goes out, you want it fixed quickly—which is why we offer 24-hour emergency services. Our reliability, certifications, qualifications, and friendly service are the reasons we have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating!
Consider giving us a try through our $19, no gimmick service calls. Upon our first visit, you’ll quickly discover why we are the “Best” man for the job!
AC Repair Service Areas for Best Home Services
Already the trusted choice in thousands of Southwest Florida homes for over 30 years, Best Home Services offers ac repair and new system installations in several cities across Collier, Lee, and Manatee counties, including:
Why choose Best Home Services?
Learn five reasons why you should choose us for your air conditioning service.
- We make your service visit simple and stress-free. Any time you dial our number, we guarantee a live employee will pick up the phone. Our flexible schedule and call-ahead appointments allow us to arrive quickly—at a time that works for you—and we make sure our clients always receive honest and upfront pricing. We’ll arrive at your home in a fully stocked and branded truck, so you know Best Home Services has come prepared to tackle the job.
- Our HVAC technicians are both trained and certified for the job. Every one of our technicians is state licensed, insured, and professionally certified. These certifications include: Nexstar Service System certification, N.A.T.E. Certification, and EPA Certification. We make sure our employees participate in ongoing training to ensure they never stop learning and improving.
- Our service has earned us many awards over the years. Good service gets recognized, and ours has been acknowledged and celebrated many times, including the 2017 Business Ambassador Award from Florida Governor Rick Scott. We were a 2016 News-Press Business of the Year Finalist, voted one of the Best Companies in southwest Florida by News-Press Readers’ Poll from 2008-2016, received a five-star rating from Home Services Review, and are a six-time Winner of Carrier’s national “President’s Award.” Not to mention, we’re also the proud owners of an Angie’s List Super Service Award! We take pride in these awards not because of the prestige, but because it means we’re doing our job in satisfying our customers’ needs.
- Our customers love us! We have some of the best customers a business can ask for, and the feeling is mutual! With over 3,000 five-star reviews attached to our name, we’ve proven consistent in delivering high-quality air conditioning services. Check us out on Facebook to see what our clients are saying about recent visits. In fact, we welcome you to connect with us as well! We love staying in touch with our customers.
- Despite our size, we’re still a local family business. Best Home Services started with one location in Naples, FL, run by a family who believed in treating people right. We go to great lengths to hire good people and we run our business by the golden rule of “doing unto others as we would have them do unto us.”
Below you’ll find some HVAC information that we thought you might find helpful, but always feel free to contact us if you have a question or need a particular service.
Air Conditioning Repair
If you’re looking for reliable air conditioning repair service, contact our cooling experts. We are trained and certified to work on all brands and models of AC units, and we make it a point to help you save when any promotional discounts are available. We offer 24-hour air conditioning repair services, because we understand the need to beat the heat in Florida!
We stand by our quotes, even if a service call takes longer than expected. We make sure you know the cost upfront. No surprises, no gimmicks—just honest service you can count on. We also offer written guarantees. All labor, workmanship, and materials are backed behind the Best Home Services’ one-year guarantee along with any remaining manufacture warranty on materials and parts. That’s just part of our dedication to you.
Air Conditioning FAQs
At Best Home Services, we know you may have some questions about air conditioning systems and services. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If your question isn’t answered here, contact our office for more information!
How many BTUs does my air conditioner need?
The necessary number of BTUs depends on the size of your home. For a rough estimate, figure out the total square footage of your home or the area you are cooling, and multiply by 24 to determine the minimum BTUs necessary. For a more precise number, talk to an air conditioning professional.
Why is my air conditioner constantly running, but not blowing cold air?
An air conditioner that always seems to always be running but is not blowing extremely cold air is likely caused by a dirty condenser. Your air conditioning unit could also have a leak, causing the unit to be out of refrigerant.
What causes air conditioners to frost over on the outside?
There is so much humidity in the air that the evaporator can sometimes get cold enough to cause the excess moisture to freeze. This most often occurs because the coils or filters are dirty, but it could also be a sign that your air conditioner is low on refrigerant.
How do I fix a frozen air conditioner?
If your air conditioner is frozen, a temporary solution is turning off the unit until it thaws out. To prevent the problem from happening again, clean the coils and filters. If the problem continues to occur, you need to have a professional inspect your air conditioning system for leaks.
What does SEER mean?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. This is a measurement of the seasonal or annual efficiency of an air conditioner.
How long does an air conditioner typically last?
The lifespan of an air conditioner can vary greatly from location to location. Air conditioners located in warm climates and near the ocean usually need to be replaced more often than those located in cooler, dryer climates.
When it comes to cooling your home, you want an air conditioning system you can count on. That’s why we carry only the most trusted AC products in the industry. Although we service all makes and models of air conditioners, we are proud authorized dealers of Carrier AC Units. When you choose Carrier, you know that you’re choosing a system that will last for years to come.
As Floridians, we all understand the importance of an AC you can rely on. In this part of the country, AC is not a luxury—it’s a necessity that you can’t afford to go without. Carrier builds units that are made to last. Choose from a variety of makes and models, ranging in energy efficiency, speed, volume, and warranty. We’ll be glad to walk you through the options and help match you with a unit that works well for your needs.
Aeroseal Duct Sealing
Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented breakthrough technology that seals leaks from the inside out. It was developed at the University of California-Berkeley with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, and recently became available to Southwest Florida homeowners. We like this system because it helps regulate extreme hot and cold temperatures throughout your home for a more comfortable indoor environment. It also keeps out allergens, such as dust, debris, mold, and other pollutants that significantly decrease your indoor air quality. Best of all, it saves you money! Here are some of the benefits of having this system in your home.
- Saving money: Preventing airflow leakage saves you money by reducing energy consumption.
- Long-lasting AC: An AC that doesn’t work as hard to cool your home has a longer lifespan.
- Enhanced comfort: Your home will maintain even temperatures throughout all rooms.
- Breathe easier: Improved air quality with the reduction of dust, allergens, and humidity.
- Environmentally friendly: Reducing energy consumption benefits the environment.
- Secure investment: Aeroseal comes with a 10-year warranty to secure your investment.
Air Conditioner Buying Guide
Choosing a new air conditioner is not something to be taken lightly. It is an investment that, when done correctly, can last from 10 to 15 years. Before you throw your credit card down, consider the following factors.
- Efficiency rating: High-efficiency AC systems are quiet, long-lasting, and require minimal service.
- Unit size: Be sure that the size of your air conditioning unit fits the size of your home.
- Stage and speed: The more efficient your system is, the less work required to cool your home.
- Service provider: Proper installation of your AC unit can make a big difference in the long run.
UV Light Systems
Ultra-violet lamp solutions help kill airborne germs, bacteria, and allergens, including mold. Our UV light solutions include UltraMAX, UVPhotoMAX, and more.
The high concentration of germicidal ultraviolet light that an UltraMAX™ UV system shines on the interior surfaces of an air conditioning system keeps mold and other biological contamination from growing and spreading through the home. It also disinfects the air circulating past the ultraviolet lamps, killing airborne bacteria and viruses.
The benefits can be far-reaching, including a dramatic reduction of allergy and other respiratory symptoms, fewer colds and illnesses due to airborne bacteria and viruses, and energy saved by keeping the insulating effect of biological growth off air conditioning surfaces.
Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning isn’t a part of your AC’s regular maintenance, but it is an important service when eliminating allergens, odors, and other threats that may have built up within a home’s HVAC system. Here are a few reasons why air duct cleaning services may be required:
- Instances where visible mold is inside hard surface ducts or other heating and air components.
- Your ducts are infested with rodents, insects, or other vermin.
- Your ducts have become excessively clogged with dust and debris, to the point where it is being released into your home.
Our duct cleaning professionals use the latest technology to clean your ducts without damaging them. Special care is necessary with the type of ducts used for air conditioning in Florida.
The latest systems can almost cut the running costs of older systems in half. Picture those savings year after year! The efficiency of an air conditioning system is expressed by a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating. Basically, the higher the rating, the more efficient the system. For example, a 19.5 SEER would have almost half the running costs of a typical 15-year-old, 10.5 SEER system. While air conditioning systems with high SEER ratings may be a little pricier, the benefits and lifetime costs are well worth the value. Professional installation helps maximize the efficiency of these units, as the work will be done according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Best Home Services offers other services that can help you increase your energy efficiency as well. Talk to our team about programmable thermostats that allow you to adjust temperatures for times when you’re not home, saving you money each month. We also specialize in HVAC zoning, so you don’t have to cool the entire house when you only use a few rooms on a regular basis.
Have you ever wondered why humidity feels so gross and sticky? Humid conditions feel warmer because moisture evaporates slower from the skin. If you’re experiencing that kind of overwhelming heat in your own home, there’s a simple solution: a fully integrated dehumidification system. Our state-of-the-art systems can put humidity control at your fingertips. Some of the many benefits include the following.
- Increased comfort: Remove excess moisture to deliver fresh, filtered air in your home.
- Energy savings: Less moisture in the home reduces the strain on your air conditioner and also allows you to set your thermostat higher to run your air conditioner less often.
- Integrated solution: Systems can remove moisture evenly throughout the entire home, or focus specifically on problem areas that can lead to costly renovations.
As the trusted choice in thousands of southwest Florida homes for over 30 years, Best Home Services can help with all of your heating needs. From fast repairs to new system installations, we guarantee expert service and client satisfaction.
Air filters are one of the most basic, yet vital aspects of your home’s comfort. Unfortunately, they are also one of the most neglected. Despite them being one of the easiest to inspect, remove, and replace, one of the most common mistakes homeowners make is leaving them until they’re filled with debris. When filters are not replaced, this debris builds up until you have an uncomfortable home with unfiltered air.
Air must pass through your vents in order for your AC or HVAC system to work properly. If that passage is blocked or narrowed, your system has to work harder to maintain your home’s temperature. A full filter that’s not changed regularly can lead to overworked and failing compressors or fans. 44% of our service calls are generated due to lack of maintenance or timely filter replacement by the homeowner.
If you need an air filter, you’ll want to know more about MERV, or Media Efficiency Rating Value, which measures the efficiency of air filters. Any filter with a MERV rating of eight or higher is very efficient at filtering out small, indoor pollutants, like mold spores.
The width of the filter provides more surface area, allowing your air conditioning system to breathe. We recommend that you stay wary of high MERV filters that are only 1” thick, as these filters may restrict your system and harm major components. We provide professional grade filters that are only sold by industry professionals. We also offer other filter products for water, vacuums, and more!
Rebates and Financing
There’s no getting around it; air conditioning is a must-have in southwest Florida. We understand that an AC system is a big investment. Whether something breaks and you need continuous maintenance, or years of wear and tear lead to an air conditioning replacement, our team can help you get what you need without breaking the bank. Thanks to a wide range of southwest Florida AC rebates, there has never been a better time to invest in a new central air conditioning system. Here’s some information that may be helpful.
One of the most common questions that we receive from our customers is, “Do you have any rebates?” We’re happy to say that we do!
Our rebates aren’t just small change either, with Best Home Services you can enjoy up to $1,500 in rebates. As with anything, there are a few contingencies, such as the efficiency of your new air conditioning system, the efficiency of the system replaced, and the size of the system; however, a quick call with a helpful member of our team can help you determine your eligibility.
Our AC rebates reward customers for smart, environmentally friendly choices. So while you peruse AC systems, make sure to check their efficiency and see if they’re part of Energy Star systems. The HVAC industry has taken note of the latest wave of energy efficient products, and have adapted manufacturing to reflect its growth.
While you’re looking for AC units, take note of the SEER rating. Air conditioning units with high SEER ratings may be a little pricier, but the overall benefits and lifetime costs are well worth the value.
Not only can you save with rebates, but also from the discounts and energy savings that you’ll experience while financing one of our systems. Let us help you spread the payments out in a manner that suits you. We’re no strangers to the surprise and worry that comes from an overwhelming bill. Best Home Services understands that a hefty, monthly payment isn’t feasible for everyone. Our financing opportunities allow you and your family the comfort you need, at the pace you can afford.
You can apply for special financing options here. Experience the benefits of special promotions, flexible payments, and easy, online management. If you are an approved applicant, contact us for details on financing options, and opportunities.
Contact us at (239)284-1472 for all your home repair needs!