Best Home Services Provides AC Repair in Southwest Florida
Residents of Southwest Florida know all too well that hurricanes cause significant damage in their paths. From your home’s roof and windows to your HVAC system, nothing is off-limits when it comes to storm damage. However, some types of storm damage are more difficult to recognize than others. Chances are, your air conditioning unit could be damaged without you even realizing it. Not to worry. Providing expert AC repair in Southwest Florida since 1980, Best Home Services can help you determine if your air conditioner has been damaged and needs a repair or replacement. If you live in Collier, Lee, or Manatee County, give us a call today!
Evaluating HVAC Water Damage Is One of Our Specialties
Because your air conditioner’s condensing unit is typically found on your home’s exterior, it’s exposed to the elements and wear-and-tear. The two primary ways your air conditioning unit can be damaged during a storm is through water damage or lightning damage. Lightning damage is usually easy to spot, especially if there’s charring from the lightning strike present. More often than not, lightning damage results in a power surge affecting multiple components and fraying the electrical wiring.
Evaluating HVAC water damage can be a little trickier sometimes, but it’s one of our specialties at Best Home Services. An AC unit sitting in water could also experience a power surge resulting in severely damaged components, burned wires, blown fuses, and more. After the storm hits, call Best Home Services to inspect your AC unit in Southwest Florida for signs of damage caused by water, lightning, or flying debris. Our technicians have been trained to look for even the less obvious signs of damage to get you up and running again safely in no time.
Tips for Preventing Storm Damage to Your Home AC Unit
Luckily, Floridians are usually given some warning when a hurricane or other major storm is about to hit the shore. There are specific steps you can take to prevent storm damage to your AC unit, including all of the following:
- Install Hurricane Straps – Manufacturers have come up with a solution to hold your AC unit securely in place. Installing hurricane straps will help prevent your AC unit from being swept away in the hurricane’s high winds.
- Cut the Electricity – The best way to prevent a power surge during a storm is to cut off the electricity to your air conditioning unit before it starts.
- Keep Your Yard Clear – A severe storm is going to cause a lot of dangerous debris, but if you ensure your yard is kept clear before it hits, you can reduce the amount of debris being thrown at your air conditioning unit.
- Prop Sandbags Around AC Unit – Propping sandbags around your AC unit and elsewhere along your home’s exterior can help reduce the damages caused by flooding after a storm. The sandbags can be used to hold down a protective tarp covering your air conditioning unit.
- Preventative HVAC Maintenance – Having Best Home Services regularly inspect your HVAC system ensures there aren’t any hidden damages waiting to rear their ugly head when lightning strikes. Prevent safety hazards to your home by keeping up with preventative HVAC maintenance.
Be sure to check out our blog “Preparing Your AC for Hurricane Season in Southwest Florida” for additional tips and information!
Why You Should Rely on Best Home Services for AC Repairs
Best Home Services has a name and reputation to live up to when it comes to providing the best air conditioning repairs in Southwest Florida. However, you don’t have to take our word for it. We have over 15,000 five-star reviews from satisfied customers to our credit. Exceptional AC repair starts with having licensed, certified technicians who are available 24 hours a day to provide emergency AC repair. We have certifications from North American Technician Excellence (NATE), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Nexstar Service System, as well as the proper state licensing and insurance. We’re able to work on all makes and models of air conditioners, and we never charge any hidden fees. Serving you since 1980, we’ve received numerous accolades over the years, including the SW Florida’s Reader’s Choice Poll, the Nexstar Select Service Award of Excellence, the Angie’s List Super Service Award, the President’s Award, and a consistent A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. When you’re searching for “home AC repair near me,” we want to be at the top of your list!
Have Storm Damage to Your Home AC? Call Best Home Services!
Do you have storm damage to your home AC? Call Best Home Services today for reliable AC repair in Southwest Florida. Once the debris from the storm has settled, we’d be happy to complete a thorough inspection of your air conditioning unit before you try to power it back on to ensure it’s safe to do so. Not only do you have to worry about lightning or water damage to your HVAC system, but you should also be concerned about mold growth forming inside your unit and ductwork due to the moisture. Rely on us to evaluate your storm damage with minimal disruption to your daily routine. Call today!